Institutional Investors Selling Shares of CIGNA in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CIGNA Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 5,633,721 shares, worth $289,742,271. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HEALTHCOR GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,600,000 shares, worth $82,288,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SEIZERT CAPITAL PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,052,124 shares, worth $54,110,737. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KARSCH CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 952,142 shares, worth $48,968,663. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 737,798 shares, worth $37,944,951. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: CIGNA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides group life and health insurance, managed care products and services, retirement products and services, and individual financial services worldwide. The Company also sells individual life and health insurance and annuity products in selected international locations.
Competitors to Watch: Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH), Coventry Health Care, Inc. (NYSE:CVH), and WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE:WCG).
(Note: Data regarding CIGNA Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>