Institutional Investors Selling StanCorp Financial’s Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:SFG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- KEYBANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION/OH: On 06/30/2011, held 530,745 shares, worth $21,808,312. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NEUBERGER BERMAN GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 306,625 shares, worth $12,599,221. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 215,947 shares, worth $8,873,262. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRANDYWINE GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 188,936 shares, worth $7,763,380. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TEALWOOD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 96,896 shares, worth $3,981,457. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for Standard Insurance Company. Standard provides group life and disability products, as well as products to fund retirement plans and other insurance products. The Company offers its products to employers and individuals in the United States.
Competitors to Watch: MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), Protective Life Corp. (NYSE:PL), Independence Holding Co. (NYSE:IHC), Kansas City Life Insurance Co (NASDAQ:KCLI), Lincoln National Corp. (NYSE:LNC), Presidential Life Corp (NASDAQ:PLFE), Delphi Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:DFG), American International Group (NYSE:AIG), Torchmark Corporation (NYSE:TMK), and Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU).
(Note: Data regarding StanCorp Financial Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>