Institutional Ownership is High in these Big Technology Stocks
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on some large cap Technology companies whose shares are at least 25% owned by institutions:
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Institutional investors own 70.35% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $377.37 and its market capitalization is $349,856,300,000.00. About the company: Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Why Apple Needs to Replace Cisco on the Dow 30 Now>>
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): Institutional investors own 64.72% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $25.94 and its market capitalization is $217,332,200,000.00. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
- International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): Institutional investors own 61.45% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $171.48 and its market capitalization is $204,794,800,000.00. About the company: International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third part
- Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG): Institutional investors own 80.67% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $577.52 and its market capitalization is $186,474,100,000.00. About the company: Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches.
- Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL): Institutional investors own 62.98% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $28.88 and its market capitalization is $146,292,100,000.00. About the company: Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>