Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of SUPERVALU Inc. (NYSE:SVU).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of SUPERVALU Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 837,934 shares, worth $7,700,613. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DREMAN VALUE MANAGEMENT L L C: On 06/30/2011, held 664,799 shares, worth $6,109,503. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CLOUGH CAPITAL PARTNERS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 640,966 shares, worth $5,890,478. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- REALM PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $4,595,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VTL ASSOCIATES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 279,640 shares, worth $2,569,892. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: SUPERVALU Inc. operates a chain of supermarkets and pharmacies primarily in the United States. The Company also provides supply chain services, which includes wholesale distribution and related logistics support services.
Competitors to Watch: Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY), The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR), Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFM), Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:WINN), Ingles Markets, Inc. (NASDAQ:IMKTA), Nash-Finch Company (NASDAQ:NAFC), AMCON Distributing Co. (AMEX:DIT), Spartan Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPTN), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT) and Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE:WMK).
(Note: Data regarding SUPERVALU Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>