Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Altera Corp. (NASDAQ:ALTR).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Altera Corp. in Q3 2011:
- WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,087,059 shares, worth $65,658,876.
- RAINIER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,946,110 shares, worth $61,224,621.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,443,100 shares, worth $45,399,926.
- CANTILLON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,100,200 shares, worth $34,612,292.
- TIMESSQUARE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 798,700 shares, worth $25,127,102.
About the company: Altera Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets programmable logic devices and associated development tools. The Company’s products, include a variety of programmable logic devices and hardcopy application-specific integrated circuits.
Competitors to Watch: Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ:LSCC), Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX), QuickLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QUIK), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ:MSCC), Cypress Semicond. Corp. (NASDAQ:CY), ON Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ:ONNN), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM), TranSwitch Corporation (NASDAQ:TXCC), and Aeroflex Holding Corp. (NYSE:ARX).
(Note: Data regarding Altera Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>