Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Apollo Group Inc. (NASDAQ:APOL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Apollo Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 880,000 shares, worth $34,856,800.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 701,849 shares, worth $27,800,239.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 307,700 shares, worth $12,187,997.
- EDOMA PARTNERS LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 241,800 shares, worth $9,577,698.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 185,000 shares, worth $7,327,850.
About the company: Apollo Group, Inc. provides higher education programs for working adults. The Company provides educational programs and services at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels online and on-campus through subsidiaries.
Competitors to Watch: Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO), DeVry Inc. (NYSE:DV), Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (NASDAQ:COCO), Strayer Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA), Grand Canyon Education Inc (NASDAQ:LOPE), American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:APEI), ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE:ESI), National American Univ. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:NAUH), Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE:BPI), and Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC).
(Note: Data regarding Apollo Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>