Institutions Buying Waters Corp. Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Waters Corp. (NYSE:WAT).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Waters Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MANNING & NAPIER ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 846,090 shares, worth $63,871,334.
- CANTILLON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 674,900 shares, worth $50,948,201.
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 572,000 shares, worth $43,180,280.
- FENIMORE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 374,816 shares, worth $28,294,860.
- PRAESIDIUM INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 289,062 shares, worth $21,821,290.
About the company: Waters Corporation provides high-performance liquid chromatography products and services. The Company distributes its products worldwide to a wide range of industries such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and environmental testing. Waters also designs, manufactures, sells and services thermal analysis, rheometry and calorimetry instruments and related software products.
Competitors to Watch: Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ:BRKR), Dionex Corporation (NASDAQ:DNEX), Transgenomic, Inc. (TBIO), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE:BEC), PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE:PKI), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), Harvard Bioscience, Inc. (NASDAQ:HBIO), Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD), and Mettler-Toledo Intl. Inc. (NYSE:MTD).
(Note: Data regarding Waters Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>