Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of W.R. Grace & Co. (NYSE:GRA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of W.R. Grace & Co. in Q3 2011:
- FIRST TRUST ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 197,846 shares, worth $6,588,272.
- TEACHERS INSURANCE & ANNUITY ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 132,150 shares, worth $4,400,595.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 112,225 shares, worth $3,737,092.
- LOCUST WOOD CAPITAL ADVISERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 100,000 shares, worth $3,330,000.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 85,000 shares, worth $2,830,500.
About the company: W.R. Grace & Co. supplies specialty chemical, construction, and container products. The Company’s customers include the food, consumer products, petroleum refinery, and construction industries. W.R. Grace’s businesses focus on catalysts and silica products, construction products, and container products.
Competitors to Watch: The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), Innospec Inc. (NASDAQ:IOSP), Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB), Rockwood Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ROC), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ:SIAL), Celanese Corporation (NYSE:CE), Ferro Corporation (NYSE:FOE), Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN), and Lubrizol Corporation (NYSE:LZ).
(Note: Data regarding W.R. Grace & Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>