Institutions Supporting Shares of Monsanto in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Monsanto Co. (NYSE:MON).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Monsanto Co. in Q3 2011:
- WINSLOW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC /MN: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 7,188,645 shares, worth $429,593,425.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,930,587 shares, worth $354,411,879.
- MONTAG & CALDWELL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,075,319 shares, worth $183,781,063.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 843,700 shares, worth $50,419,512.
- GILDER GAGNON HOWE & CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 640,822 shares, worth $38,295,523.
About the company: Monsanto Company provides agricultural products for farmers. The Company’s business segments are seeds and genomics. Monsanto produces a wide range of seeds and develops biotechnology traits that assist farmers in controlling insects and weeds as well as provides other seed companies with genetic material and biotechnology traits for their seed brands.
Competitors to Watch: SSyngenta AG (NYSE:SYT), The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. (NYSE:SMG), The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC), The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS), American Vanguard Corp. (NYSE:AVD), Potash (NYSE:POT), CF Industries Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:CF) and Origin Agritech Ltd. (NASDAQ:SEED).
(Note: Data regarding Monsanto Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>