Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of International Paper Co. (NYSE:IP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold International Paper Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Nicholls Timothy S: act as SVP and CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 07/11/2011, sold 13,000 shares, worth $390,100.
- Sutton Mark S: act as Senior Vice President. On 07/15/2011, sold 3,300 shares, worth $99,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of International Paper Co. in Q3 2011:
- PERELLA WEINBERG PARTNERS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,250,000 shares, worth $36,537,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,208,300 shares, worth $35,318,609. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BODRI CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 300,000 shares, worth $8,769,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 293,800 shares, worth $8,587,774. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 268,000 shares, worth $7,833,640. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: International Paper Company produces and distributes printing paper, packaging, forest products, and chemical products. The Company operates specialty businesses in global markets as well as a broadly based distribution network. International Paper exports its products worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Clearwater Paper Corp (NYSE:CLW), P.H. Glatfelter Company (NYSE:GLT), Wausau Paper Corp. (NYSE:WPP), MeadWestvaco Corp. (NYSE:MWV), KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. (NYSE:KS), Boise Inc. (NYSE:BZ), Buckeye Technologies Inc. (NYSE:BKI), Fibria Celulose S.A. (NYSE:FBR), and Domtar Corp. (NYSE:UFS).
(Note: Data regarding International Paper Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>