International Paper: Major Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of International Paper Co. (NYSE:IP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of International Paper Co. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,977,496 shares, worth $91,641,508.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 881,300 shares, worth $20,305,152.
- STATE OF NEW JERSEY COMMON PENSION FUND A: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $13,824,000.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 452,278 shares, worth $10,420,485.
- IVORY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT. L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 385,100 shares, worth $8,872,704.
About the company: International Paper Company produces and distributes printing paper, packaging, forest products, and chemical products. The Company operates specialty businesses in global markets as well as a broadly based distribution network. International Paper exports its products worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Clearwater Paper Corp (NYSE:CLW), P.H. Glatfelter Company (NYSE:GLT), Wausau Paper Corp. (NYSE:WPP), MeadWestvaco Corp. (NYSE:MWV), KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. (NYSE:KS), Boise Inc. (NYSE:BZ), Buckeye Technologies Inc. (NYSE:BKI), Fibria Celulose S.A. (NYSE:FBR), and Domtar Corp. (NYSE:UFS).
(Note: Data regarding International Paper Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>