Intuitive Surgical: Major 3rd Quarter Institutional Shareholder Support
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,634,307 shares, worth $595,345,354.
- GLOBALBRIDGE, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 438,957 shares, worth $159,903,256.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 262,949 shares, worth $95,787,062.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 228,952 shares, worth $83,402,635.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 101,500 shares, worth $36,974,420.
About the company: Intuitive Surgical, Inc. design, manufactures and markets surgical systems. The Company’s surgical system controls Intuitive Surgical endoscopic instruments, including rigid endoscopes, blunt and sharp endoscopic dissectors, scissors, scalpels, forceps/pickups, needle holders, endoscopic retractors, electrocautery, ultrasonic cutters, and accessories during surgical procedures.
Competitors to Watch: Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), Bovie Medical Corporation (AMEX:BVX), Synovis Life Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:SYNO), CryoLife, Inc. (NYSE:CRY), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Smith & Nephew plc (NYSE:SNN), Vision-Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:VSCI), CONMED Corporation (NASDAQ:CNMD), The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO).
(Note: Data regarding Intuitive Surgical, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>