Janus Capital: Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Janus Capital Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PENN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,654,025 shares, worth $43,375,513. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,713,219 shares, worth $34,607,201. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 1,749,420 shares, worth $16,304,594. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,294,591 shares, worth $12,065,588. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 801,202 shares, worth $7,467,203. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Janus Capital Group Inc. is a global asset management firm offering individual investors and institutional clients asset management services. The Company provides investment management, administration, distribution and related services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds, separate accounts and subadvised relationships.
Competitors to Watch: Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS), Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE:BEN), Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII), Calamos Asset Management, Inc (NASDAQ:CLMS), Invesco Ltd. (NYSE:IVZ), and Eaton Vance Corp. (NYSE:EV).
(Note: Data regarding Janus Capital Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>