JDS Uniphase: Exec Insiders and Funds Selling Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of JDS Uniphase Corporation (NASDAQ:JDSU).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold JDS Uniphase Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Waechter Thomas H: act as Chief Exec. Officer & Pres.. On 08/30/2011, sold 30,000 shares, worth $405,000.
- Waechter Thomas H: act as Chief Exec. Officer & Pres.. On 08/16/2011, sold 33,591 shares, worth $402,800.
- Waechter Thomas H: act as Chief Exec. Officer & Pres.. On 11/16/2011, sold 19,453 shares, worth $234,800.
- Bie Roy: act as Sr. Vice President. On 08/16/2011, sold 12,335 shares, worth $147,900.
- Kennedy Kevin: act as Director. On 09/02/2011, sold 11,000 shares, worth $147,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of JDS Uniphase Corporation in Q3 2011:
- COLUMBUS CIRCLE INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 5,547,464 shares, worth $92,420,750. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 4,224,700 shares, worth $70,383,502. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SADOFF INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 742,695 shares, worth $12,373,299. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALGER FRED MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 589,123 shares, worth $9,814,789. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JACOBS LEVY EQUITY MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 531,200 shares, worth $8,849,792. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: JDS Uniphase Corporation provides communications test & measurement solutions and optical products for telecommunications service providers, cable operators, and network equipment manufacturers. The Company also provides optical solutions for medical/environmental instrumentation, semiconductor processing, display, brand authentication, aerospace and defense, and decorative applications.
Competitors to Watch: EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering (NASDAQ:EXFO), Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ:FNSR), Ixia (NASDAQ:XXIA), Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLR), Spirent Communications Plc (SPMYY), Tollgrade Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLGD), Oplink Communications, Inc (NASDAQ:OPLK), Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN), Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A), and RiT Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:RITT).
(Note: Data regarding JDS Uniphase Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>