JDS Uniphase: Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of JDS Uniphase Corporation (NASDAQ:JDSU).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of JDS Uniphase Corporation in Q3 2011:
- STRS OHIO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,500,000 shares, worth $24,925,000.
- FRONTIER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,889,020 shares, worth $18,833,529.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 760,520 shares, worth $7,582,384.
- PLATTE RIVER CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 515,650 shares, worth $5,141,031.
- HARVEY PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 325,000 shares, worth $3,240,250.
About the company: JDS Uniphase Corporation provides communications test & measurement solutions and optical products for telecommunications service providers, cable operators, and network equipment manufacturers. The Company also provides optical solutions for medical/environmental instrumentation, semiconductor processing, display, brand authentication, aerospace and defense, and decorative applications.
Competitors to Watch: EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering (NASDAQ:EXFO), Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ:FNSR), Ixia (NASDAQ:XXIA), Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLR), Spirent Communications Plc (SPMYY), Tollgrade Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLGD), Oplink Communications, Inc (NASDAQ:OPLK), Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN), Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A), and RiT Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:RITT).
(Note: Data regarding JDS Uniphase Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>