Following are 17 of his picks on April 1st. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 17 stocks is 6.161B.
2) The average market cap is 31.812B.
3) The maximum market cap is 161.9B.
4) The minimum market cap is 580.0M.
5) The median stock is 12.63% off its high and 57.86% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 13.34% off its high and 66.37% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 167.96% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 9.39% from its 52-week low.
17 Of Jim Cramer Calls on April 1st
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 06 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Briggs & Stratton Corp.||Sell||(NYSE:BGG)||$22.98||1.157B||24.18||16.50||4.96%||39.27%|
|Complete Production Services, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:CPX)||$30.36||2.336B||34.75||11.33||12.63%||167.96%|
|EI DuPont de Nemours & Co.||Buy||(NYSE:DD)||$54.63||50.735B||57.00||33.73||4.16%||61.96%|
|Ford Motor Co.||Buy||(NYSE:F)||$15.11||57.157B||18.97||9.75||20.35%||54.97%|
|G-III Apparel Group, Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:GIII)||$41.92||827.1M||45.38||20.99||7.62%||99.71%|
|General Motors Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:GM)||$31.91||49.803B||39.48||29.17||19.17%||9.39%|
|Altria Group Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:MO)||$26.96||56.438B||27.16||19.53||0.74%||38.04%|
|RSC Holdings, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:RRR)||$12.50||1.297B||15.04||5.90||16.89%||111.86%|
|SIGA Technologies, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:SIGA)||$13.46||675.9M||15.66||6.03||14.05%||123.22%|
|Synovus Financial Corp.||Sell||(NYSE:SNV)||$2.43||1.908B||3.40||1.94||28.53%||25.26%|
- Briggs & Stratton Corp. (NYSE:BGG): Briggs & Stratton Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, and services air cooled gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. The Company’s engines are aluminum alloy gasoline engines ranging from three to 25 horsepower. Briggs & Stratton markets and services its products to original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI): Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems.
- Complete Production Services, Inc. (NYSE:CPX): Complete Production Services, Inc. offers services to the oil and natural gas production industry. The Company establishes, maintains, and enhances the flow of oil and gas throughout the life of a well, offers land drilling, specialized rig logistics and site preparation services, and offers products such as completion, flow control and artificial lift equipment, and tubular goods.
- EI DuPont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD): E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company is a global chemical and life sciences company, with businesses that include agriculture and industrial biotechnology, chemistry, biology, materials science and manufacturing. The Company operates globally and offers a wide range of products and services for markets including agriculture and food, building and construction, electronics and communications.
- Ebix Inc. (NASDAQ:EBIX): Ebix, Inc. supplies software and electronic commerce solutions to the insurance industry. The Company provides a series of application software ranging from carrier systems, agency systems, and exchanges to custom software development for all entities involved in the insurance and financial industries. Ebix provides products, support, and consultancy to customers on several continents.
- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC): EMC Corporation provides enterprise storage systems, software, networks, and services. The Company’s products store, retrieve, manage, protect, and share information from all major computing environments and mainframe platforms. EMC operates offices around the world.
- Ford Motor Co. (NYSE:F): Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary.
- G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. (NASDAQ:GIII): G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. manufactures and distributes leather and non-leather outerwear apparel. The Company has fashion licenses with Kenneth Cole, Jones Apparel Group, Cole Haan, and Timberland. GIII own labels GIII, Siena Studio, Colebrook & Co, JLC, JL Colebrook, and ColeB. G-III also has licensing agreements with the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB.
- General Motors Corporation (NYSE:GM): General Motors Co. manufactures and markets new cars and trucks. The Company offers features for special needs drivers, OnStar vehicle protection, service, parts, accessories, maintenance, XM satellite radio, features for commercial owners, and more. General Motors offers its vehicles and services worldwide.
- Harris Corp. (NYSE:HRS): Harris Corporation is an international communications equipment company focused on product, system, and service solutions. The Company provides a range of mission critical communications products, systems and services for global markets, including defense communications and electronics, government communications, broadcast communications and wireless transmission network solutions.
- Micromet, Inc. (NASDAQ:MITI): Micromet, Inc. is a biotechnology company. The Company develops novel antibody-based drugs for the treatment of cancer, inflammation and autoimmune diseases.
- Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO): Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
- RSC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RRR): RSC Holdings, Inc. rents equipment. The Company operates equipment rental locations in the United States and Canada.
- SIGA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGA): SIGA Technologies, Inc. explores, develops, and markets products for use in defense against biological warfare agents. The Company’s also offers products such as novel anti-infectives or the prevention and treatment of serious infectious diseases.
- Synovus Financial Corp. (NYSE:SNV): Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services holding company that provides various financial services. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.
- Vale S.A. (NYSE:VALE): Vale SA produces and sells iron ore, pellets, manganese, alloys, gold, nickel, copper, kaolin, bauxite, alumina, aluminum, and potash. The Company is based in Brazil, where it owns and operates railroads and maritime terminals.