Following are 17 of his picks on May 24th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 17 stocks is 17.543B.
2) The average market cap is 27.963B.
3) The maximum market cap is 78.365B.
4) The minimum market cap is 532.0M.
5) The median stock is 11.85% off its high and 36.17% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 16.44% off its high and 85.42% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 333.67% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 0.27% from its 52-week low.
Table: 17 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 24th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 24 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|American Express Company||Buy||(NYSE:AXP)||$50.56||60.781B||51.97||37.13||2.71%||36.17%|
|EOG Resources, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:EOG)||$106.06||28.470B||121.44||85.42||12.66%||24.16%|
|Energy Transfer Partners L.P.||Buy||(NYSE:ETP)||$47.48||9.898B||55.50||41.26||14.45%||15.08%|
|Ford Motor Co.||Buy||(NYSE:F)||$14.66||55.681B||18.97||9.75||22.72%||50.36%|
|Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP||Buy||(NYSE:KMP)||$73.22||23.345B||78.00||59.50||6.13%||23.06%|
|Southwest Airlines Co.||Sell||(NYSE:LUV)||$11.97||8.953B||14.32||10.42||16.41%||14.88%|
|MGM Resorts International||Buy||(NYSE:MGM)||$14.94||7.300B||16.94||8.92||11.81%||67.49%|
|Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:SVNT)||$7.56||532.0M||23.46||7.54||67.77%||0.27%|
|United Technologies Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:UTX)||$85.62||78.365B||90.67||62.88||5.57%||36.16%|
|VirnetX Holding Corp||Sell||(AMEX:VHC)||$21.51||1.069B||28.89||5.07||25.55%||324.26%|
|Weight Watchers International, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:WTW)||$83.57||6.103B||86.22||24.47||3.07%||241.52%|
|Wynn Resorts Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:WYNN)||$141.75||17.543B||151.73||73.12||6.58%||93.86%|
1. American Express Company (NYSE:AXP): American Express Company is a global payment and travel company. The Company’s principal products and services are charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world.
2. Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA): The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets commercial jet aircraft, as well as provides related support services to the commercial airline industry worldwide. The Company also researches, develops, produces, modifies, and supports information, space, and defense systems, including military aircraft, helicopters and space and missile systems.
3. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
4. EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG): EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
5. Energy Transfer Partners L.P. (NYSE:ETP): Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. owns and operates a diversified portfolio of energy assets. The Company’s operations include natural gas gathering and transportation pipelines, with natural gas treating and processing assets located in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Energy Transfer markets propane from retail locations in various states across the United States.
7. Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG): Goldcorp, Inc. is a North American gold producer. The Company has gold mining operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia. Goldcorp owns the Red Lake mine in Ontario.
8. HyperDynamics Corporation (AMEX:HDY): Hyperdynamics Corp. is a Houston-based company whose operations include two wholly owned subsidiaries, SCS Corporation and HYD Resources, which are focused on oil and gas exploration.
9. Ingersoll-Rand Plc (NYSE:IR): Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
10. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP): Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., is a pipeline transportation and energy storage company. The Company operates pipelines and terminals. The pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide and other products; and its terminals store petroleum products and chemicals, and handle bulk materials like coal and petroleum coke.
11. Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV): Southwest Airlines Co. is a domestic airline that provides primarily short-haul, high-frequency, point-to-point service. The Company offers flights throughout the United States.
12. MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM): MGM Resorts International operates gaming, hospitality and entertainment resorts. The Company owns properties in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan in the United States; and owns interests in properties in Nevada and Illinois in the United States, and Macau. MGM Resorts also offers hospitality management services for casino and non-casino properties around the world.
13. Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVNT): Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets human health care products for niche and wider markets. The Company offers pharmaceutical products for a wide range of medical needs such as weight gain, drugs targeting the control of elevated uric acid levels in the blood, and rheumatology.
14. United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX): United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and support services to customers in the aerospace and building industries worldwide. The Company’s products include aircraft engines, elevators and escalators, heating and air conditioning equipment, helicopters, aerospace systems, fuel cell systems, and fire and safety equipment.
15. VirnetX Holding Corp (AMEX:VHC): Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
16. Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE:WTW): Weight Watchers International, Inc., is a provider of weight control programs. The Company operates through a network of company-owned and franchised operations. Members attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings to receive group support and education about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity.
17. Wynn Resorts Ltd. (NASDAQ:WYNN): Wynn Resorts Limited owns and operates luxury hotels and destination casino resorts in Las Vegas, Nevada and in Macau, China. The resorts features guest rooms and suits, restaurants, golf courses, and on-site luxury automotive dealerships.