Jim Cramer Stock Watch: Analyzing May 16th Stock Picks
Following are 15 of his picks on May 16th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 15 stocks is 15.919B.
2) The average market cap is 25.842B.
3) The maximum market cap is 111.5B.
4) The minimum market cap is 703.3M.
5) The median stock is 12.58% off its high and 59.07% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 12.25% off its high and 64.03% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 121.65% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 10.75% from its 52-week low.
Table: 15 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 16th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 16 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Banco Bradesco S.A.||Buy||(NYSE:BBD)||$18.99||72.586B||22.54||15.17||15.75%||25.18%|
|BJ’s Restaurants, Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:BJRI)||$46.79||1.289B||48.97||21.11||4.45%||121.65%|
|Peabody Energy Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:BTU)||$58.80||15.919B||73.95||34.89||20.49%||68.53%|
|Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc.||Sell||(NYSE:DTG)||$80.56||2.331B||83.28||40.53||3.27%||98.77%|
|Jack in the Box Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:JACK)||$20.40||1.036B||24.51||18.42||16.77%||10.75%|
|Lowe’s Companies Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:LOW)||$24.84||32.747B||27.45||19.35||9.51%||28.37%|
|Mellanox Technologies, Ltd.||Sell||(NASDAQ:MLNX)||$30.42||1.049B||32.84||14.60||7.37%||108.36%|
|Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:POT)||$52.27||44.680B||63.97||27.95||18.29%||87.01%|
|Texas Roadhouse Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:TXRH)||$16.19||1.153B||18.52||11.94||12.58%||35.59%|
1. Airgas Inc. (NYSE:ARG): Airgas, Inc. distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related equipment. The Company also produces and distributes liquid carbon dioxide and dry ice in the United States. Airgas’ integrated distribution network consists of branch locations, distribution centers, and outbound telemarketing operations.
2. Banco Bradesco S.A. (NYSE:BBD): Banco Bradesco S.A. attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The Bank offers business loans, personal credit, mortgages, lease financing, mutual funds, securities brokerage, and Internet banking services. Bradesco operates in Brazil and Argentina, the United States, the Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom. Bradesco offers credit cards, insurance, and pension funds.
3. BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. (NASDAQ:BJRI): BJ’s Restaurants Inc owns and operates restaurants under the names BJ’s Restaurant & Brewery, BJ’s Pizza & Grill, and BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse. The Company’s restaurants are located in Colorado, Oregon, California, Arizona, Texas, and Nevada.
4. Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU): Peabody Energy Corporation mines and markets predominantly low sulfur coal, primarily for use by electric utilities. The Company also trades coal and emission allowances. Peabody owns and operates mines in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, and Australia. The Company also a minority interest in a Venezuelan mine through a joint venture.
5. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. (NYSE:DTG): Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. operates Dollar and Thrifty vehicle rental systems. The Company provides its services to leisure customers, tourists, small businesses, and independent business travelers. Dollar Thrifty operates locations in the United States and Canada, as well as other countries.
6. Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL): Halliburton Company provides energy services and engineering and construction services, as well as manufactures products for the energy industry. The Company offers services and products and integrated solutions to customers in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas.
7. Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES): Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
8. Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK): Jack in the Box Inc. operates and franchises Jack In the Box fast-food restaurants primarily in the Western region of the United States. The Company’s drive-thru restaurants offer hamburgers, specialty sandwiches, salads, Mexican food, finger foods, and side items.
9. Lowe’s Companies Inc. (NYSE:LOW): Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a home improvement retailer that distributes building materials and supplies through stores in the United States. The Company offers a complete line of products and services for home decorating, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and property maintenance.
10. Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MLNX): Mellanox Technologies Ltd. designs and develops semiconductor-based, high-performance interconnect products. The Company’s products facilitate data transmission between servers and storage systems through communications infrastructure equipment.
11. Mosaic Co. (NYSE:MOS): The Mosaic Company produces and distributes crop nutrients to the agricultural communities located in North America and other countries. The Company’s principal products include concentrated phosphates, and potash.
12. Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc. (NYSE:POT): Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. produces potash, phosphate, and nitrogen to the agricultural and industrial industries worldwide. The Company conducts operations in Canada, Chile, the United States, Brazil, and Trinidad.
13. Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB): Schlumberger Limited is an oil services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a wide range of services, including technology, project management and information solutions to the international petroleum industry as well as advanced acquisition and data processing surveys.
14. Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ:SONC): Sonic Corp. franchises and operates a chain of drive-in restaurants. The Company currently has Company-owned and franchised restaurants, principally in the south central and southeastern United States. Sonic’s restaurants offer made-to-order hamburgers and other sandwiches, as well as signature items.
15. Texas Roadhouse Inc. (NASDAQ:TXRH): Texas Roadhouse, Inc. is a moderately priced, full service restaurant chain.