Jim Cramer Stock Watch: June 1st Stock Picks
Following are 11 of his picks on June 1st. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 11 stocks is 57.822B.
2) The average market cap is 98.888B.
3) The maximum market cap is 319.5B.
4) The minimum market cap is 4.281B.
5) The median stock is 17.07% off its high and 32.57% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 15.75% off its high and 41.42% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 95.19% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 2.00% from its 52-week low.
Table: 11 Of Jim Cramer Calls on June 1st
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 06 01 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Archer Daniels Midland Company||Sell||(NYSE:ADM)||$31.11||19.844B||38.02||24.42||18.17%||27.40%|
|American International Group, Inc.||Sell||(NYSE:AIG)||$28.05||50.399B||62.87||27.50||55.38%||2.00%|
|Corn Products International Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:CPO)||$56.02||4.281B||57.91||28.70||3.26%||95.19%|
|Deere & Company||Buy||(NYSE:DE)||$82.76||34.735B||99.80||53.69||17.07%||54.14%|
|SPDR Gold Trust||Buy||(NYSE:GLD)||$149.91||N/A||153.61||113.08||2.41%||32.57%|
1. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Competitors to Watch: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI), Verizon (NYSE:VZ) and Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM).
2. Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE:ADM): Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
3. American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG): American International Group, Inc. is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries provides a varied range of insurance and insurance-related activities in the United States and abroad. The Company’s main activities include both general insurance and life insurance & retirement services operations as well as financial services and asset management. Competitors to Watch: Hartford Financial Services (NYSE:HIG), HCC Insurance Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HCC), American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), ACE Limited (NYSE:ACE), The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM), CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), and Loews Corporation (NYSE:L).
4. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers. Competitors to Watch: Deere & Company (NYSE:DE), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Astec Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTE), Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW), Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Terex Corporation (NYSE:TEX), and Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN).
5. Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI): Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems. Competitors to Watch: Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC), Navistar International Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Caterpillar, Inc. (NYSE:CAT), Briggs & Stratton Corp, (NYSE:BGG), AB Volvo (VOLVY), PACCAR Inc. (NASDAQ:PCAR), China Yuchai International Ltd. (NYSE:CYD), BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE:BWA), Regal-Beloit Corporation (NYSE:RBC), General Electric (NYSE:GE), Deere and Company (NYSE:DE) and Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE:GNRC).
6. Corn Products International Inc. (NYSE:CPO): Corn Products International, Inc. refines corn and produces sweeteners and starches. The Company has customers in a wide range of industries, including the food, soft drink, brewing, pharmaceutical, corrugating, paper, and textile industries. Corn Products has Company-owned operations, joint ventures, alliances, and technical licenses in countries around the world. Competitors to Watch: Archer Daniels Midland Co. (NYSE:ADM), Bunge Limited (NYSE:BG), MGP Ingredients, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGPI), Darling International Inc. (NYSE:DAR), SunOpta, Inc. (NASDAQ:STKL), Mosaic (NYSE:MOS), Potash (NYSE:POT), Agrium (NYSE:AGU) and CF Industries (NYSE:CF).
7. Deere & Company (NYSE:DE): Deere & Company manufactures and distributes a range of agricultural, construction and forestry, and commercial and consumer equipment. The Company supplies replacement parts for its own products and for those of other manufacturers. Deere also provides product and parts financing services. Competitors to Watch: AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO), Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT), Arts-Way Manufacturing Co. Inc. (NASDAQ:ARTW), The Toro Company (NYSE:TTC), Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN), Kubota Corporation (NYSE:KUB), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Bucyrus (NASDAQ:BUCY), Alamo Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALG), Cummins (NYSE:CMI), General Electric (NYSE:GE) and Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW).
8. SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD): SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
9. Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG): Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches. Competitors to Watch: Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Bidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), and AOL (NYSE:AOL).
10. McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD): McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world. Competitors to Watch: Wendy’s Arby’s Group Inc. (NYSE:WEN), Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX), Sonic Corporation (NASDAQ:SONC), Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI), Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE:YUM), Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG), and Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK).
11. Petroleo Brasileiro (NYSE:PBR): Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras explores for and produces oil (NYSE:USO) and natural gas (NYSE:UNG). The Company refines, markets, and supplies oil products. Petrobras operates oil tankers, distribution pipelines, marine, river and lake terminals, thermal power plants, fertilizer plants, and petrochemical units. The Company operates in South America and elsewhere around the world. Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), BP plc (NYSE:BP), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE:SU)and Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM).