Jim Cramer Stock Watch: June 6th Stock Picks
Following are 8 of his picks on June 6th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 8 stocks is 4.495B.
2) The average market cap is 8.1B.
3) The maximum market cap is 25.394B.
4) The minimum market cap is 604.8M.
5) The median stock is 13.21% off its high and 52.78% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 13.92% off its high and 58.12% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 128.87% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 14.32% from its 52-week low.
Table: 8 Of Jim Cramer Calls on June 6th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 06 06 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Johnson Controls Inc.||Sell||(NYSE:JCI)||$37.43||25.394B||42.53||25.56||11.99%||46.44%|
|Solar Capital Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:SLRC)||$24.04||876.9M||25.93||18.75||7.29%||28.21%|
|Vera Bradley, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:VRA)||$40.17||1.627B||52.36||22.00||23.28%||82.59%|
1. Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU): Alcatel-Lucent manufactures telecommunications equipment, and offers telecommunications services. The Company’s telecommunications equipment and services enable its customers to send or receive virtually any type of voice or data transmission. Alcatel-Lucent designs and builds public and private networks, communications systems and software, and data networking systems. Competitors to Watch: Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), TEKELEC (NASDAQ:TKLC), Tellabs, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLAB), Ditech Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:DITC), Symmetricom, Inc. (NASDAQ:SYMM), Sycamore Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCMR), Performance Technologies (NASDAQ:PTIX), and Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR).
2. Boise Inc. (NYSE:BZ): Boise, Inc. manufactures paper and packaging. The Company produces copy, commercial printing, newsprint, premium and specialty papers, and market pulp; and corrugated containers and containerboard.
3. Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE): Expedia, Inc. provides branded online travel services for leisure and small business travelers. The Company offers a wide range of travel shopping and reservation services, providing real-time access to schedule, pricing and availability information for airlines, hotels, and car rental companies. Competitors to Watch: Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:OWW), Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ:TZOO), priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN), MakeMyTrip Limited (NASDAQ:MMYT), Ctrip.com Intl., Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTRP), eLong, Inc. (NASDAQ:LONG) and American Airlines (NYSE:AMR).
4. Heckmann Corporation (NYSE:HEK): Heckmann Corporation is an investment holding company, operating in the water industry. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provide water treatment and disposal services, operate bottling facilities, and transport water through pipelines.
5. Johnson Controls Inc. (NYSE:JCI): Johnson Controls, Inc. markets automotive systems and building controls. The Company supplies seating systems, interior systems, and batteries. Johnson Controls also provides building control systems and services, energy management, and integrated facility management, as well as provides batteries for automobiles and hybrid electric vehicles. Competitors to Watch: Lear Corporation (NYSE:LEA), Visteon Corporation (NYSE:VC), Gentex Corporation (NASDAQ:GNTX), Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:MPAA), United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), Honeywell Intl. Inc. (NYSE:HON), Commercial Vehicle Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CVGI), Modine Manufacturing Co. (NYSE:MOD), Strattec Security Corp. (NASDAQ:STRT), and Stoneridge, Inc. (NYSE:SRI).
6. PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL): PPL Corporation is an energy and utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in the northeastern and western United States, and markets wholesale and retail energy primarily in the northeastern and western portions of the United States, and delivers electricity in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
7. Solar Capital Ltd. (NASDAQ:SLRC): Solar Capital Ltd. is an an externally managed finance company. The Company’s investment objective is to generate both current income and capital appreciation through debt and equity investments. Solar invests primarily in leveraged companies, including middle-market companies, in the form of senior secured loans, mezzanine loans and equity securities.
8. Vera Bradley, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRA): Vera Bradley, Inc. designs, produces and retails fashion accessories for women. The Company markets handbags, accessories and travel and leisure items through its chain of retail stores and independent retailers.