Jim Cramer Stock Watch: June 2nd Stock Picks
Following are 15 of his picks on June 2nd. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 15 stocks is 11.247B.
2) The average market cap is 44.196B.
3) The maximum market cap is 201.2B.
4) The minimum market cap is 216.2M.
5) The median stock is 12.50% off its high and 42.36% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 16.09% off its high and 50.28% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 133.92% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 5.06% from its 52-week low.
Table: 15 Of Jim Cramer Calls on June 2nd
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 06 02 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Crude Carriers Corp. Common Sto||Sell||(NYSE:CRU)||$13.51||216.2M||18.77||11.27||28.02%||19.88%|
|Deere & Company||Buy||(NYSE:DE)||$84.23||35.352B||99.80||53.69||15.60%||56.88%|
|International Business Machines Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:IBM)||$166.09||201.2B||173.54||120.61||4.29%||37.71%|
|Joy Global, Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:JOYG)||$90.51||9.484B||103.44||48.05||12.50%||88.37%|
|Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd.||Buy||(NYSE:NAT)||$23.24||1.090B||30.15||22.12||22.92%||5.06%|
|Phillips-Van Heusen Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:PVH)||$65.16||4.371B||72.42||42.81||10.02%||52.21%|
|Polo Ralph Lauren Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:RL)||$120.84||11.247B||136.50||71.12||11.47%||69.91%|
|Teekay Tankers Ltd.||Sell||(NYSE:TNK)||$9.26||573.2M||13.96||8.42||33.67%||9.98%|
1. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers. Competitors to Watch: Deere & Company (NYSE:DE), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Astec Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTE), Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW), Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Terex Corporation (NYSE:TEX), and Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN).
2. Crude Carriers Corp. Common Sto (NYSE:CRU): Crude Carriers Corporation transports crude oil and fuel oil by ship.
3. Deere & Company (NYSE:DE): Deere & Company manufactures and distributes a range of agricultural, construction and forestry, and commercial and consumer equipment. The Company supplies replacement parts for its own products and for those of other manufacturers. Deere also provides product and parts financing services. Competitors to Watch: AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO), Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT), Arts-Way Manufacturing Co. Inc. (NASDAQ:ARTW), The Toro Company (NYSE:TTC), Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN), Kubota Corporation (NYSE:KUB), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Bucyrus (NASDAQ:BUCY), Alamo Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALG), Cummins (NYSE:CMI), General Electric (NYSE:GE) and Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW).
4. Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB): Enbridge Inc. provides energy transportation, distribution, and related services in North America and internationally. The Company operates a crude oil and liquids pipeline system, is involved in international energy projects, and is involved in natural gas transmission and midstream businesses. Enbridge also distributes natural gas and electricity, and provides retail energy products.
5. Frontline Ltd. (NYSE:FRO): Frontline Limited owns a fleet of very large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports. The Company’s vessels are managed by ship management companies. Frontline conducts activities worldwide.
6. Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG): Goldcorp, Inc. is a North American gold (NYSE:GLD) producer. The Company has gold mining operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia. Goldcorp owns the Red Lake mine in Ontario. Investing in Precious Metals: Investors Sticking to the Physical>>
7. International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers. Competitors to Watch: Accenture plc (NYSE:ACN), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), SAP (NYSE:SAP), Teradata (NYSE:TDC) and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT).
8. Joy Global, Inc. (NASDAQ:JOYG): Joy Global Inc. manufactures and markets underground mining equipment and surface mining equipment. The Company’s equipment is used for the extraction of ores and minerals. Competitors to Watch: Bucyrus Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:BUCY), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), Deere & Company (NYSE:DE), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Astec Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTE), Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW), Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Terex Corporation (NYSE:TEX), and Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN).
9. Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd. (NYSE:NAT): Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited is a shipping company that owns and charters Suezmax tankers for oil transportation. The Company’s ships are all active in the spot freight market.
10. Polycom, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLCM): Polycom, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets a line of video, voice, data and web conferencing collaboration solutions. The solutions include enterprise video and voice communications end-points, network infrastructure, management products, product maintenance and other professional services.
11. Phillips-Van Heusen Corp. (NYSE:PVH): Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation designs, sources, manufactures, and markets men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel and footwear. The Company markets its products at a wholesale level through department store chains and directly to consumers through retail stores.
12. QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM): QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-based integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content. Competitors to Watch: Broadcom Corp. (NASDAQ:BRCM), Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK), Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sprint (NYSE:S), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), AT&T (NYSE:T), Nokia (NYSE:NOK), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA), Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI), Motorola Solutions (NYSE:MSI), Infineon (IFNNY) Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) and Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN).
13. Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. (NYSE:RL): Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation designs, markets, and distributes men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, accessories, fragrances, and home furnishings. The Company’s products are sold under a wide range of brands. Polo’s operations include Wholesale, Retail and Licensing. Competitors to Watch: Liz Claiborne, Inc. (NYSE:LIZ), The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC), Maidenform Brands, Inc. (NYSE:MFB), Jones Apparel Group, Inc. (NYSE:JNY), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), Guess?, Inc. (NYSE:GES), Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH), Phillips-Van Heusen Corp. (NYSE:PVH), V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC). Frederick’s of Hollywood Group Inc. (AMEX:FOH), Vera Bradley, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRA), Tiffany & Co. (NYSE:TIF), Fossil, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOSL), Piquadro S.p.A. (NYSE:PQ), Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSLA), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), Gap (NYSE:GPS), Express (NYSE:EXPR), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) and Limited Brands (NYSE:LTD)
14. Teekay Tankers Ltd. (NYSE:TNK): Teekay Tankers Ltd. owns and operates a fleet of crude oil tankers, primarily in the aframax sector.
15. Vale S.A. (NYSE:VALE): Vale SA produces and sells iron ore, pellets, manganese, alloys, gold, nickel, copper, kaolin, bauxite, alumina, aluminum, and potash. The Company is based in Brazil, where it owns and operates railroads and maritime terminals.