John Paulson: 5 of My Big Stock Holding Positions to Watch Now
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about hedge fund manager John Paulson’s latest 13F filing. Notable changes to its positions include:
- Citigroup (NYSE:C): The company’s funds hold 33,505,002 shares. The shares recently traded at $30.33, giving the holding a market value of $1,016,206,711. Its market capitalization is $88.56 billion. About the company: Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd. (NYSE:AEM): The company’s funds hold 700,000 shares. The shares recent;y traded at $64.07, giving the holding a market value of $44,842,000. Its market capitalization is $10.85 billion. About the company: Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited is a gold producer with operations primarily in Quebec, Canada. The Company also conducts exploration and development activities in Ontario, Canada, and Nevada in the United States. Agnico-Eagle’s gold production is primarily from underground mining operations. Is Gold the Safe Haven? For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver, consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
- AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. (NYSE:AU): The company’s funds hold 39,935,382 shares. The shares recently traded at $45.79, giving the holding a market value of $$1,828,641,142. Its market capitalization is $34.93 billion. About the company: AngloGold Ashanti Limited is a holding company for a group of companies which explore for and mine gold internationally. The Group has operations in the Vaal River and West Witwatersrand areas of South Africa as well as Namibia, Mali, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Tanzania and the United States.
- Capital One Financial Corporation (NYSE:COF): The company’s funds hold 21,100,000 shares. The shares recently traded at $44.90 giving its holding a market value of $947,390,000. Its market capitalization is $20.64 billion. About the company: Capital One Financial Corporation is a diversified bank. The Bank, through its subsidiaries, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients both domestically and internationally. Capital One has bank locations in Connecticut, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, and Texas.
- Gold Fields Ltd. (NYSE:GFI): The company’s funds hold 24,700,000 shares. The shares recently traded at $16.94, giving its holding a market value of $418,418,000. Its market capitalization is $12.22 billion. About the company: Gold Fields Limited produces precious metals. The Company has mines in South Africa, Ghana, and Australia, as well as a partnership in Finland. Gold Fields has a precious metals programs in Africa, Australasia, Europe, North America, and South America.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance and publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>