- James E Murray, who is the Chief Operating Officer, exercised 209,379 options at a cost of $35.32 per option on March 3rd. He subsequently sold 168,000 shares at a market price of $63.98 per share on March 3rd. The net proceeds for these transactions were $3,352,898. He presently holds 144,564 shares in the company, which are worth $10,291,511 as of today’s trading.
- Michael B. McAllister, who is Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, exercised 193,782 options at a cost of $42.85 per option on March 15th. He subsequently sold 200,000 shares at a market price of $63 per share on March 15th. The net proceeds from these transactions was $4,297,068. He presently holds 496,152 shares in the company, which are worth $35,321,060 as of today’s trading.
- Bonnie C. Hathcock, who is Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, exercised 1,853 options at a cost of $53.96 per option for a total cost of $99,988. She presently holds 35,353 shares in the company worth $2,516,780 as of today’s trading.
- Bruce J. Goodman, who is Senior Vice President and Chief Service and Information Officer, exercised 11,853 options at a cost of $41.83 per option on March 1st. He subsequently sold 10,000 shares at a market price of $64 on March 9th. The net proceeds from these transactions were $144,189. He presently holds 29,378 shares worth $2,091,419 as of today’s trading.
- Christopher M Todoroff, who is Senior Vice President & General Counsel, exercised 94,215 options at a cost of $42.30 per option on March 4th. He subsequently sold 67,200 shares at a market price of $64.04 per share on March 4th. The net proceeds from these transactions were $318,275. He presently holds 45,515 shares in the company, worth $3,240,212.
About the company: Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company officers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals. Its competitors include: CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS), and WellCare Health Plans (NYSE:WCG).