Kinder Morgan Energy: Major Investors Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP in Q3 2011:
- ALPS ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,914,429 shares, worth $128,955,937.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,154,651 shares, worth $77,777,291.
- DUFF & PHELPS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 293,000 shares, worth $19,736,480.
- NATCAN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 245,443 shares, worth $16,533,040.
- ENERGY OPPORUTUNITIES CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 100,124 shares, worth $6,744,353.
About the company: Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., is a pipeline transportation and energy storage company. The Company operates pipelines and terminals. The pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide and other products; and its terminals store petroleum products and chemicals, and handle bulk materials like coal and petroleum coke.
Competitors to Watch: Kinder Morgan Inc (NYSE:KMI), Copano Energy, L.L.C. (NASDAQ:CPNO), Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE:EPD), MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE:MWE), El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE:EPB), El Paso Corporation (NYSE:EP), Enterprise GP Hldgs. L.P. (EPE), Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP), Duncan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE:DEP), and Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE:MMP).
(Note: Data regarding Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>