Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. (NYSE:LLL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,654,460 shares, worth $163,435,102.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,080,923 shares, worth $66,552,429.
- MT LUCAS MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 123,444 shares, worth $7,600,447.
- LOS ANGELES CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & EQUITY RESEARCH INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 103,490 shares, worth $6,371,879.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 90,100 shares, worth $5,547,457.
About the company: L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. is a prime system contractor in aircraft modernization and maintenance, Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, and government services. The Company’s customers include the DoD, aerospace prime contractors, and commercial telecommunications customers.
Competitors to Watch: Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC), FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR), Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB), The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE:COL), ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT), Herley Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:HRLY), Innovative Solutions & Support Inc (NASDAQ:ISSC) and Irvine Sensors Corporation (IRSN).
(Note: Data regarding L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>