L-3 Communications: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. (NYSE:LLL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Washkowitz Alan H: act as Director. On 08/18/2011, sold 12,474 shares, worth $818,400.
- Washkowitz Alan H: act as Director. On 11/15/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $206,100.
- Washkowitz Alan H: act as Director. On 08/24/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $194,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RELATIONAL INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 6,347,694 shares, worth $547,869,469. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,718,860 shares, worth $234,664,807. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 584,576 shares, worth $50,454,755. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 279,290 shares, worth $24,105,520. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. is a prime system contractor in aircraft modernization and maintenance, Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, and government services. The Company’s customers include the DoD, aerospace prime contractors, and commercial telecommunications customers.
Competitors to Watch: Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC), FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR), Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB), The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE:COL), ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT), Herley Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:HRLY), Innovative Solutions & Support Inc (NASDAQ:ISSC) and Irvine Sensors Corporation (IRSN).
(Note: Data regarding L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>