Following is information on some large cap Basic Materials companies whose shares are at least 25% owned by institutions:
- Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX): Institutional investors own 72.02% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $46.21 and its market capitalization is $46,251,770,000.00. About the company: Barrick Gold Corporation is an international gold company with operating mines and development projects in the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, and Africa. For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver, consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
- Potash Corp./Saskatchewan (NYSE:POT): Institutional investors own 73.52% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $53.38 and its market capitalization is $45,774,460,000.00. About the company: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. produces potash, phosphate, and nitrogen to the agricultural and industrial industries worldwide. The Company conducts operations in Canada, Chile, the United States, Brazil, and Trinidad.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper + Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Institutional investors own 79.02% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $46.80 and its market capitalization is $44,334,360,000.00. About the company: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours + Company (NYSE:DD): Institutional investors own 65.19% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $47.24 and its market capitalization is $43,872,120,000.00. About the company: E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company is a global chemical and life sciences company, with businesses that include agriculture and industrial biotechnology, chemistry, biology, materials science and manufacturing. The Company operates globally and offers a wide range of products and services for markets including agriculture and food, building and construction, electronics and communications.
- The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW): Institutional investors own 71.44% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $30.31 and its market capitalization is $35,802,740,000.00. About the company: The Dow Chemical Company is a diversified chemical company that provides chemical, plastic, and agricultural products and services to various essential consumer markets. The Company serves customers in countries around the world in markets such as food, transportation,health and medicine, personal care, and construction.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>