Large Cap Conglomerates Stocks are Up Today
Large cap Conglomerates stocks are trading up today. Following is some information on the stories moving these stocks.
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE): Sterne Agee equity analyst Ben Elias sees a strong 2012 for GE. The shares recently traded at $16.47, up $0.07, or 0.43%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $14.02 to $21.65 and its market capitalization is $174.53 billion. About the company: General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally.
- Emerson Electric Co. (NYSE:EMR): The stock went ex-dividend today and will pay a quarterly dividend of $0.40 per share on 12/9/11. The shares recently traded at $52.18, up $1.69, or 3.35%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $39.50 to $62.24 and its market capitalization is $38.85 billion. About the company: Emerson Electric Co. manufactures and markets electrical, electromechanical, and electronic products and systems. The Company produces a variety of products, including process control, industrial automation, electronics, appliance components, and electric motors. Emerson sells its products around the world.
- 3M Company (NYSE:MMM): The shares recently traded at $81.93, up $2.24, or 2.81%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $68.63 to $98.19 and its market capitalization is $57.41 billion. About the company: 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
- United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX): The shares recently traded at $78.93, up $059, or 0.71%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $66.87 to $91.83 and its market capitalization is $71.52 billion. About the company: United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and support services to customers in the aerospace and building industries worldwide. The Company’s products include aircraft engines, elevators and escalators, heating and air conditioning equipment, helicopters, aerospace systems, fuel cell systems, and fire and safety equipment.
- Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN): The shares recently traded at $45.80, up $0.33, or 0.7%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $38.35 and $53.12 and its market capitalization is $15.85 billion. About the company: Raytheon Company operates in defense, homeland security and other government markets. The Company provides electronics, mission systems integration in the areas of sensing, effects, command, control, communications and intelligence systems, and mission support services. Raytheon provides products and services worldwide.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
Check out our analysis of Jim Cramer’s latest stock calls