Following is some information on what is moving five of the largest companies in the Energy sector today.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM): The company recently reported earnings of $10.93 billion. The shares recently traded at $77.46, up $1.52, or 2%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $67.03 to $88.23 and its market capitalization is $371.27 billion. About the company: Exxon Mobil Corporation operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals.
- EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG): The company reported earnings per share today of $0.83, above the consensus estimate of $0.78 per share. The shares recently traded at $95.50, up $9.60, or 11.18%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $66.81 to $121.44 and its market capitalization is $25.65 billion. About the company: EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
- BP plc (NYSE:BP): The company’s shares go ex-dividend today. Owners of shares as of today’s market close are eligible for a dividend of $042 per share. The dividend yield is approximately 3.5%. The shares recently traded at $43.40, up $1.10, or 2.6%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $33.62 to $49.50 and its market capitalization is $137.17 billion. About the company: BP plc is an oil and petrochemicals company. The Company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP’s chemicals include terephthalic acid, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene and polyethylene.
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX): Barclays Capital recently raised its price target on the company’s shares to $138. The shares recently traded at $104.83, up $2.68, or 2.63%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $80.41 to $110.01 and its market capitalization is $209.97 billion. About the company: Chevron Corporation is an integrated energy company wit operations in countries located around the world. The Company produces and transports crude oil and natural gas. Chevron also refines, markets, and distributes fuels as well as is involved in chemical operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services.
- Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB): Despite poor numbers from this petrochemicals services company, analysts suggest that its fundamentals are sound. The shares recently traded at $72.56, up $1.49, or 2.09%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $54.79 to $95.64 and its market capitalization is $97.38 billion. About the company: Schlumberger Limited is an oil services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a wide range of services, including technology, project management and information solutions to the international petroleum industry as well as advanced acquisition and data processing surveys.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
Check out our analysis of Jim Cramer’s latest stock calls