Large cap energy stocks are trading higher today. Following is some information on what is moving these stocks.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM): The shares recently traded at $78.73, up $0.30, or 0.41%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $65.08 to $88.23 and its market capitalization is $383.28 billion. Shares seem to be moving in sympathy with Noble Energy‘s (NYSE:NBL) better-than-expected results. About the company: Exxon Mobil Corporation operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals.
- Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB): The shares recently traded at $68.24, up $0.34, or 0.5%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $54.79 to $95.64 and its market capitalization is $92.08 billion. The company declared a quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share. About the company: Schlumberger Ltd is an oil services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a wide range of services, including technology, project management and information solutions to the international petroleum industry as well as advanced acquisition and data processing surveys.
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX): The shares recently traded at $103.39, up $1.15, or 1.12%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $90.41 to $109.94 and its market capitalization is $207.09 billion. About the company: Chevron Corporation is an integrated energy company with operations in countries located around the world. The Company produces and transports crude oil and natural gas. Chevron also refines, markets, and distributes fuels as well as is involved in chemical operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services.
- Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL): The shares recently traded at $34.47, up $0.59, or 1.74%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $27.21 to $57.77 and its market capitalization is $31.7 billion. About the company: Halliburton Company provides energy services and engineering and construction services, as well as manufactures products for the energy industry. The Company offers services and products and integrated solutions to customers in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP): The shares recently traded at $70.27, up $0.71, or 1.02%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $58.37 to $81.80 and its market capitalization is $99.03 billion. About the company: ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillips also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>