Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on some large cap Services companies whose shares are at least 25% owned by institutions:
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT): Institutional investors own 31.50% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $50.10 and its market capitalization is $173,975,300,000.00. About the company: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The Company’s discount stores and supercenters offer merchandise such as apparel, housewares, small appliances, electronics, and hardware. Walmart’s markets offer a full-line supermarket and a limited assortment of general merchandise. The Company operates nationally and internationally. Wal-Mart Stores Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats Estimates as Revenues Up 4.4%>>
- AT+T Inc. (NYSE:T): Institutional investors own 58.07% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $28.78 and its market capitalization is $170,435,200,000.00. About the company: AT&T Inc. is a communications holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides local and long-distance phone service, wireless and data communications, Internet access and messaging, IP-based and satellite television, security services, telecommunications equipment, and directory advertising and publishing.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ): Institutional investors own 53.91% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $34.92 and its market capitalization is $98,843,880,000.00. About the company: Verizon Communications Inc. is an integrated telecommunications company that provides wire line voice and data services, wireless services, Internet services, and published directory information. The Company also provides network services for the federal government including business phone lines, data services, telecommunications equipment and payphones.
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): Institutional investors own 67.09% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $201.48 and its market capitalization is $91,458,890,000.00. About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- McDonald-s Corporation (NYSE:MCD): Institutional investors own 68.85% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $84.28 and its market capitalization is $87,446,970,000.00. About the company: McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>