Large Cap Stocks Dropping to 52-Week Lows as Dow Jones Stumbles
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 40 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- ABB Ltd. (NYSE:ABB): Down 7.1% to $18.83. ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- AFLAC Inc. (NYSE:AFL): Down 3.09% to $33.91. Aflac, Inc. is a general business holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides supplemental insurance to individuals in the United States and Japan. Aflac’s products include accident/disability plans, cancer expense plans, short-term disability plans, sickness and hospital indemnity plans, hospital intensive care plans, and fixed-benefit dental plans.
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (NYSE:BBVA): Down 2.96% to $8.19. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. attracts deposits and offers retail, wholesale, and investment banking services. The Bank offers consumer and mortgage loans, private banking, asset management, insurance, mutual funds, and securities brokerage services. It operates in Europe and Latin America.
- Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS): Down 6.7% to $9.89. Barclays PLC offers commercial and investment banking, insurance, financial, asset management and related services. The Company’s banking subsidiaries operates branches in the United Kingdom and overseas.
- BP plc (NYSE:BP): Down 0.38% to $36.39. BP plc is an oil and petrochemicals company. The Company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP’s chemicals include terephthalic acid, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene and polyethylene.
- Credit Suisse Group (NYSE:CS): Down 12.93% to $23.84. Credit Suisse Group AG is an international financial services group. The Group provides investment banking, private banking, and asset management services to customers located around the world.
- Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB): Down 7.42% to $33.58. Deutsche Bank AG is a global financial service provider delivering commercial, investment, private and retail banking. The Bank offers debt, foreign exchange, derivatives, commodities, money markets, repo and securitization, cash equities, research, equity prime services, loans, convertibles, advice on M&A and IPO’s, trade finance, retail banking, asset management and corporate investments.
- iShares MSCI EAFE Index (NYSE:EFA): Down 3.29% to $50.03. iShares MSCI EAFE Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective seeks investment results that correspond to the performance of the MSCI EAFE Index. The Fund will concentrate its investments in stocks in the MSCI EAFE Index to approximately the same extent the Index is so concentrated.
- EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG): Down 1.57% to $86.96. EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
- FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX): Down 1.74% to $73.60. FedEx Corp. delivers packages and freight to multiple countries and territories throught an integrated global network. The Company provides worldwide express delivery, ground small-parcel delivery, less-than-truckload freight delivery, supply chain management services, customs brokerage services, and trade facilitation and electronic commerce solutions.
- General Motors Company (NYSE:GM): Down 2.85% to $21.44. General Motors Co. manufactures and markets new cars and trucks. The Company offers features for special needs drivers, OnStar vehicle protection, service, parts, accessories, maintenance, XM satellite radio, features for commercial owners, and more. General Motors offers its vehicles and services worldwide.
- HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC): Down 3.16% to $41.07. HSBC Holdings plc is the holding company for the HSBC Group. The Company provides a variety of international banking and financial services, including retail and corporate banking, trade, trusteeship, securities, custody, capital markets, treasury, private and investment banking, and insurance. The Group operates worldwide.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (NYSE:HMC): Down 4.23% to $30.60. HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD. develops, manufactures, and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, and power products such as generators and farm machinery. The Company also operates a financial credit business. Honda Motor has manufacturing facilities in the US, Canada, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, India, and Thailand.
- ING Groep NV (NYSE:ING): Down 9.96% to $7.14. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR): Down 1.14% to $19.97. Juniper Networks, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure solutions for Internet service providers and other telecommunications service providers. The Company offers network infrastructure solutions that includes IP routing, Ethernet switching, security and application acceleration solutions.
- Kohl’s Corp. (NYSE:KSS): Down 0.8% to $43.58. Kohl’s Corporation operates a chain of family-oriented department stores. The Company’s stores feature apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men and children; soft home products such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle income customers. Kohl’s also offers online shopping as well as offers store credit cards.
- China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (NYSE:LFC): Down 2.07% to $35.01. China Life Insurance Co., Limited offers a wide range of life, accident, and health insurance products and services.
- Mobile Telesystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT): Down 8.24% to $15.26. Mobile TeleSystems provides mobile telephone services in Russia and the former Soviet Union. The Company uses the GSM 900/1800 standard, operating throughout Russia and throughout Belarus, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET): Down 4.13% to $29.50. MetLife, Inc. provides individual insurance, employee benefits and financial services with operations throughout the United States and the regions of Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The Company’s products include life insurance, annuities, automobile and homeowners insurance, retail banking and other financial services to individuals as well as group insurance.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS): Down 3.95% to $15.33. Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)