Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 50 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD): Up 0.09% to $55.92. General Dynamics Corporation is a diversified defense company. The Company offers a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding design and construction; and information systems, technologies and services.
- General Motors Company (NYSE:GM): Up 3.75% to $21.00. General Motors Co. manufactures and markets new cars and trucks. The Company offers features for special needs drivers, OnStar vehicle protection, service, parts, accessories, maintenance, XM satellite radio, features for commercial owners, and more. General Motors offers its vehicles and services worldwide.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): Down 2.11% to $22.32. Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
- ING Groep NV (NYSE:ING): Up 1.97% to $6.21. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Johnson Controls Inc. (NYSE:JCI): Up 0.49% to $26.73. Johnson Controls, Inc. markets automotive systems and building controls. The Company supplies seating systems, interior systems, and batteries. Johnson Controls also provides building control systems and services, energy management, and integrated facility management, as well as provides batteries for automobiles and hybrid electric vehicles.
- KB Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:KB): Up 0.4% to $30.10. KB Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for Kookmin Bank. The Bank attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. Kookmin offers mortgage and home equity, consumer and corporate loans; credit cards; securities investment and trading services; investment banking; investment advice; foreign exchange services; and insurance.
- Loews Corporation (NYSE:L): Up 0.41% to $34.40. Loews Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is involved in a variety of businesses including commercial property-casualty insurance, offshore drilling, natural gas exploration and production, operation of natural gas pipeline systems, and the operation of hotels and resorts.
- Mobile Telesystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT): Down 0.08% to $12.63. Mobile TeleSystems provides mobile telephone services in Russia and the former Soviet Union. The Company uses the GSM 900/1800 standard, operating throughout Russia and throughout Belarus, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS): Down 1.11% to $47.93. Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is a pharmacy benefit manager. The Company provides programs and services for its clients and the members of their pharmacy benefit plans, and for the physicians and pharmacies the members use.
- Arcelor Mittal (NYSE:MT): Up 1.25% to $15.35. ArcelorMittal produces steel. The Company manufactures cold rolled, electrogalvanized and coated steels, slabs, special quality bars, and wire rods. Arcelor Mittal has steel making operations in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY): Up 0.5% to $72.26. Occidental Petroleum Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The Company also manufactures and markets a variety of basic chemicals, vinyls and performance chemicals. Occidental also gathers, treats, processes, transports, stores, trades and markets crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, condensate and carbon dioxide (CO2) and generates and markets power.
- PACCAR Inc. (NASDAQ:PCAR): Up 1.92% to $34.06. PACCAR Inc designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks, and related aftermarket distribution of parts. The Company also offers finance and leasing services to its customers and dealers.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (NYSE:PHG): Up 0.53% to $16.96. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
- POSCO (NYSE:PKX): Down 0.12% to $77.93. POSCO manufactures various types of steel products. The Company produces hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, stainless steel, and other forms of steel. The products are mainly used for automobile, construction, and shipbuilding industries.
- PPG Industries Inc. (NYSE:PPG): Down 1.83% to $68.82. PPG Industries, Inc. supplies products for the manufacturing, construction, automotive, chemical processing, and other industries worldwide. The Company makes protective and decorative coatings, flat glass, fabricated glass products, continuous-strand fiber glass products, and industrial and specialty chemicals.
- Prudential plc (NYSE:PUK): Down 0.71% to $16.82. Prudential plc is an international company which provides a wide assortment of insurance and investment products and services. Insurance products include life, accident and health, property and casualty insurance, as well as fixed and variable annuities. Financial and investment services include personal and group pensions, equity plans, mortgages and deposit accounts.
- Banco Santander-Chile (NYSE:SAN): Up 2.55% to $72.45. Banco Santander Chile attracts deposits and offers retail and commercial banking services in Chile. The Bank offers personal and corporate loans, credit cards, mutual funds, lease financing, securities brokerage services, and business consulting.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. (NYSE:SHG): Down 1.15% to $61.77. Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd., a holding company, provides a full range of consumer and commercial banking-related financial services. The company’s main businesses include banking, securities brokerage, trust banking, and assets management to individuals, businesses, and other financial institutions.
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): Down 1.23% to $88.19. Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- Chemical & Mining Co. of Chile Inc. (NYSE:SQM): Up 0.47% to $46.94. Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile SA produces and markets specialty fertilizers including potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, and potassium sulfate for the agricultural industry. The Company also produces industrial chemicals, iodine and lithium. SQM markets its products in over 100 countries.
- Sasol Ltd. (NYSE:SSL): Down 0.62% to $40.12. Sasol is an integrated oil and gas company with substantial chemical interests, with production facilities located in South Africa, Europe, North America and Asia. The Company operates commercial scale facilities to produce fuels and chemicals from coal in South Africa, and is developing ventures internationally to convert natural gas into clean diesel fuel.
- Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE:SU): Up 0.27% to $25.59. Suncor Energy, Inc. is a integrated energy company focused on developing the Athabasca oil sands basin. The Company extracts and upgrades oil sands into refinery feedstock and diesel fuel, explores for, develops and produces natural gas, refines crude oil and markets a range of petroleum and petrochemical products, and operates crude oil pipelines and retail petroleum stations.
- Sysco Corp. (NYSE:SYY): Down 0.58% to $25.87. Sysco Corporation distributes food and related products primarily to the foodservice industry. The Company also distributes personal care guest amenities, housekeeping supplies, room accessories, and textiles to the lodging industry.
- Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TCK): Down 2.6% to $29.95. Teck Resources Ltd. is an integrated natural resource group with activities in mining, smelting, and refining. The Company mines zinc, copper, molybdenum, gold, and metallurgical coal in the United States, Canada, Peru, and Chile. Teck also produces refined metals, specialized metal products, and other products.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NASDAQ:TEVA): Down 0.37% to $35.26. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded human pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The Company produces antibiotics, oncological products, Alpha D3 for treatment of post-menopausal bone loss in women and Copaxone for treatment of multiple sclerosis. Teva develops novel drugs for diseases of the central nervous system.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>