Large Cap Stocks Reaching 52-Week Highs as S&P 500 Remains Above 1,200
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 17 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): Up 3.59% to $24.24. Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT): Up 1.54% to $53.25. Abbott Laboratories discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells a broad and diversified line of health care products and services. The Company’s products include pharmaceuticals, nutritional, diagnostics, and vascular products. Abbott markets its products worldwide through affiliates and distributors.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Up 2.61% to $83.29. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (NYSE:EPD): Up 0.57% to $43.75. Enterprise Products Partners L.P. provides processing and transportation services to producers and consumers of natural gas liquids. The Company generally processes products that are ultimately used as feedstocks in petrochemical manufacturing, in the production of motor gasoline, and as fuel for residential and commercial heating.
- Southern Company (NYSE:SO): Up 0.21% to $42.98. Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D): Up 0.97% to $50.96. Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Up 0.4% to $20.20. Duke Energy Corporation is an energy company located primarily in the Americas that owns an integrated network of energy assets. The Company manages a portfolio of natural gas and electric supply, delivery, and trading businesses in the United States and Latin America.
- Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB): Down 1.05% to $34.06. Enbridge Inc. provides energy transportation, distribution, and related services in North America and internationally. The Company operates a crude oil and liquids pipeline system, is involved in international energy projects, and is involved in natural gas transmission and midstream businesses. Enbridge also distributes natural gas and electricity, and provides retail energy products.
- American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP): Down 0.23% to $38.47. American Electric Power Company, Inc.(NYSE:AEP)is a public utility holding company. The Company provides electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution, on an integrated basis to their retail customers. AEP serves portions of the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB): Up 2.1% to $64.63. The Chubb Corporation, a holding company, offers property and casualty insurance, which includes personal, standard commercial and specialty commercial insurance. The Company provides insurance coverage principally in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Latin America and Asia.
- Consolidated Edison Inc. (NYSE:ED): Down 0.17% to $57.92. Consolidated Edison, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a variety of energy related products and services. The Company supplies electric service in New York, parts of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania as well as supplies electricity to wholesale customers.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Up 0.29% to $51.44. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG): Up 9.11% to $417.62. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. design, manufactures and markets surgical systems. The Company’s surgical system controls Intuitive Surgical endoscopic instruments, including rigid endoscopes, blunt and sharp endoscopic dissectors, scissors, scalpels, forceps/pickups, needle holders, endoscopic retractors, electrocautery, ultrasonic cutters, and accessories during surgical procedures.
- Chemical & Mining Co. of Chile Inc. (NYSE:SQM): Down 1.55% to $54.49. Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile SA produces and markets specialty fertilizers including potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, and potassium sulfate for the agricultural industry. The Company also produces industrial chemicals, iodine and lithium. SQM markets its products in over 100 countries.
- Dollar General Corporation (NYSE:DG): Down 0.3% to $39.92. Dollar General Corp. operates a chain of discount retail stores located primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern and eastern United States. The Company offer a broad selection of merchandise, including consumable products such as food, paper and cleaning products, health and beauty products and pet supplies, and non-consumable products such as seasonal merchandise.
- Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL): Up 0.36% to $25.17. Xcel Energy, Inc. provides electric and natural gas services. The Company offers a variety of energy-related services, including generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and natural gas throughout the United States. Xcel utilities serve customers in portions of Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
- W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE:GWW): Down 1.63% to $163.59. W.W. Grainger, Inc. distributes maintenance, repair and operating supplies, and related information to the commercial, industrial, contractor, and institutional markets in North America. The Company’s products include motors, HVAC equipment, lighting, hand and power tools, pumps, and electrical equipment.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>