Large Cap Stocks Recording 52-Week Price Highs as S&P 500 Closes Week Up 3.78%
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 20 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Up 0.17% to $72.12. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK): Up 0.4% to $44.93. GlaxoSmithKline plc is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. The Group, which also provides laboratory testing and disease management services, specializes in treatments for respiratory, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and genetic disorders
- Unilever NV (NYSE:UN): Up 0.83% to $35.06. Unilever NV manufactures branded and packaged consumer goods, including food, detergents, fragrances, home and personal care products.
- British American Tobacco plc (AMEX:BTI): Up 1.92% to $95.04. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- Visa, Inc. (NYSE:V): Up 0.74% to $95.10. Visa Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
- Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp. (NYSE:NTT): Up 2.06% to $26.30. NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION (NYSE:NTT) provides a variety of telecommunication services, including telephone, telegraph, leased circuits, data communication, terminal equipment sales, and related services. The Company provides both local and long distance telephone services within Japan.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Down 0.6% to $84.75. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE:NKE): Up 0.96% to $96.75. NIKE, Inc. designs, develops, and markets athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products for men, women, and children. The Company sells its products worldwide to retail stores, through its own stores, subsidiaries, and distributors.
- Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB): Up 0.83% to $118.72. Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
- BRF – Brasil Foods S.A. (NYSE:BRFS): Up 2.88% to $21.42. BRF-Brasil Foods SA is a food processor in Latin America. The Company raises chickens to produce poultry products. Brasil Foods also processes frozen pastas, soybeans and their derivatives, and distributes frozen vegetables. The Company’s core business is chilled and frozen food. The Company has offices in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe.
- Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ): Up 0.85% to $59.65. Williams Partners LP is a master limited partnership that owns natural gas gathering, transportation, processing and treating assets.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG): Up 0.28% to $436.53. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. design, manufactures and markets surgical systems. The Company’s surgical system controls Intuitive Surgical endoscopic instruments, including rigid endoscopes, blunt and sharp endoscopic dissectors, scissors, scalpels, forceps/pickups, needle holders, endoscopic retractors, electrocautery, ultrasonic cutters, and accessories during surgical procedures.
- HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP): Up 1.31% to $40.19. HCP, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in health care related real estate throughout the United States. HCP’s properties include senior housing, life sciences, medical offices, hospitals, and skilled nursing homes.
- Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI): Up 1.94% to $47.41. Motorola Solutions, Inc. manufactures two-way radios and accessories; mobile computers; wireless network infrastructure; private radio systems; bar code scanning and radio frequency identification equipment, and public safety broadband equipment.
- Ventas, Inc. (NYSE:VTR): Up 2.51% to $56.04. Ventas, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust owns seniors housing communities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, and medical office buildings in the United States and Canada.
- V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC): Up 0.86% to $140.17. VF Corporation is an international apparel company. The Company owns a broad portfolio of brands in the jeanswear, outerwear, packs, footwear, sportswear and occupational apparel categories. VF Corp’s products are marketed to consumers shopping in specialty stores, upscale and traditional department stores, national chains and mass merchants.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. (NYSE:RL): Up 1.76% to $162.07. Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation designs, markets, and distributes men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, accessories, fragrances, and home furnishings. The Company’s products are sold under a wide range of brands. Polo’s operations include Wholesale, Retail and Licensing.
- iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSE:LQD): Up 0.39% to $114.44. iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of a segment of the US investment grade corporate bond market as defined by the iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Index. The Index measures the performance of a fixed number of investment grade corporate bonds.
- Fastenal Co. (NASDAQ:FAST): Up 0.73% to $38.62. Fastenal Company sell industrial and construction supplies in a wholesale and retail fashion. The Company markets its products and services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Singapore, China, and The Netherlands.
- O’Reilly Automotive Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY): Down 0.08% to $76.07. O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. retails and supplies automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories. The Company sells its products to do-it-yourself customers and professional mechanics or service technicians. O’Reilly operates stores throughout the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>