Large cap technology stocks are following the broader market lower today, as fresh concerns about Greece’s debt and the fallout from MF Global’s bankruptcy filing weigh on the market. Following is some information of five of the largest companies in the Technology sector.
- Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): The shares recently traded at $394.82, down $10.04, or 2.48%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $297.76 to $426.70 and its market capitalization is $366.9 billion. About the company: Apple, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): The shares recently traded at $25.97, down $0.66, or 2.48%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $23.65 to $29.46 and its market capitalization is $218.3 billion. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and support software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM): The shares recently traded at $50.25, down $1.35, or 2.61%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $44.62 to $59.84 and its market capitalization is $84.39 billion. About the company: QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): The shares recently traded at $23.92, down $0.64, or 2.61%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $19.16 to $25.20 and its market capitalization is $125.58 billion. About the company: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL): The shares recently traded at $31.91, down $0.85, or 2.59%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $24.72 to $36.50 and its market capitalization is $160.97 billion. About the company: Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>