Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI): Up +9.98%. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG): Up +9.66%. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. design, manufactures and markets surgical systems. The Company’s surgical system controls Intuitive Surgical endoscopic instruments, including rigid endoscopes, blunt and sharp endoscopic dissectors, scissors, scalpels, forceps/pickups, needle holders, endoscopic retractors, electrocautery, ultrasonic cutters, and accessories during surgical procedures.
- United Rentals, Inc. (NYSE:URI): Up +8.02%. United Rentals, Inc., through its subsidiary, is an equipment rental company operating a network of locations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Company serves the construction industry, industrial and commercial concerns, homeowners, and other individuals.
- Apollo Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOL): Up +8.01%. Apollo Group, Inc. provides higher education programs for working adults. The Company provides educational programs and services at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels online and on-campus through subsidiaries.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE:PTP): Up +7.64%. Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd. is a holding company that provides property and casualty reinsurance coverages to insurers and select reinsurers on a worldwide basis. The Company’s reinsurance segments include global property and marine, global casualty which includes general liablity, auto liablity, professional liablity, workers’ compensation and accident and health.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (NYSE:AEM): Down -19.35%. Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited is a gold producer with operations primarily in Quebec, Canada. The Company also conducts exploration and development activities in Ontario, Canada, and Nevada in the United States. Agnico-Eagle’s gold production is primarily from underground mining operations.
- ON Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ:ONNN): Down -14.64%. ON Semiconductor Corporation supplies analog, standard logic, and discrete semiconductors for data and power management. The Company’s products include integrated circuits, and analog ICs. ON also offers discrete semiconductors in a variety of surface mount and standard packages.
- Popular, Inc. (NASDAQ:BPOP): Down -14.36%. Popular, Inc. is a bank holding company that provides commercial banking services through branches in Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, and the United States mainland. The Company also provides mortgage and consumer finance, lease financing, investment banking and broker/dealer activities, retail financial services, and automated tellers.
- Bank of Ireland (NYSE:IRE): Down -13.81%. The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland provides a range of banking, life insurance and other financial services to customers in Ireland and United Kingdom. Services include branch banking, personal and business loans, loan insurance, mortgages, foreign exchange, correspondent banking, credit cards and stockbroking.
- Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU): Down -11.22%. Alcatel-Lucent manufactures telecommunications equipment, and offers telecommunications services. The Company’s telecommunications equipment and services enable its customers to send or receive virtually any type of voice or data transmission. Alcatel-Lucent designs and builds public and private networks, communications systems and software, and data networking systems.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>