Leap Wireless International: Major Shareholders Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Leap Wireless International Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Leap Wireless International Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Rachesky Mark H Md: act as Director, 10% Owner. On 08/17/2011, bought 1,930,000 shares, worth $18,798,200.
- Rachesky Mark H Md: act as Director, 10% Owner. On 08/16/2011, bought 1,250,000 shares, worth $11,337,500.
- Rachesky Mark H Md: act as Director, 10% Owner. On 08/10/2011, bought 500,000 shares, worth $3,230,000.
- Rachesky Mark H Md: act as Director, 10% Owner. On 08/11/2011, bought 166,000 shares, worth $1,185,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Leap Wireless International Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 264,383 shares, worth $1,826,887.
- MOORE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 199,000 shares, worth $1,375,090.
- SOUNDPOST PARTNERS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 150,000 shares, worth $1,036,500.
- ELLINGTON MANAGEMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 120,500 shares, worth $832,655.
- AQR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 115,171 shares, worth $795,832.
About the company: Leap Wireless International, Inc. provides mobile wireless services. The Company’s services are targeted to meet the needs of customers who are under-served by traditional communications companies. Leap’s Cricket service is available to customers in various states from New York to California.
Competitors to Watch: MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Shenandoah Telecommunications Co. (NASDAQ:SHEN), and USA Mobility, Inc. (NASDAQ:USMO).
(Note: Data regarding Leap Wireless International Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>