Life Technologies: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:LIFE).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Life Technologies Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Leddy Peter Michael: act as SVP, Global Human Resources. On 11/22/2011, sold 2,474 shares, worth $90,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Life Technologies Corporation in Q3 2011:
- FIL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 932,315 shares, worth $48,545,642. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 632,933 shares, worth $32,956,821. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- 1798 GLOBAL PARTNERS (CAYMAN ISLANDS) LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 444,249 shares, worth $23,132,045. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GARDNER LEWIS ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 359,702 shares, worth $18,729,683. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IRONBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 270,460 shares, worth $14,082,852. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Life Technologies Corporation develops biotechnology tools used by researchers. The Company offers a broad range of products and services, including systems, instruments, reagents, and custom services. Life’s portfolio of products includes technologies for capillary electrophoresis based sequencing, sequencing, mass spectrometry sample preparation, and cell culture.
Competitors to Watch: Techne Corporation (NASDAQ:TECH), Qiagen NV (NASDAQ:QGEN), Affymetrix, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFFX), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ:SIAL), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), Strategic Diagnostics Inc. (NASDAQ:SDIX), Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE:PKI), and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ).
(Note: Data regarding Life Technologies Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>