Linear Technology: Major Institutional Stock Buys in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Linear Technology Corp. (NASDAQ:LLTC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Linear Technology Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 497,328 shares, worth $13,646,680.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 473,784 shares, worth $13,000,633.
- RUANE, CUNNIFF & GOLDFARB INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 268,689 shares, worth $7,372,826.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 171,977 shares, worth $4,719,049.
- ADVANCED INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 156,468 shares, worth $4,293,482.
About the company: Linear Technology Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets a line of linear integrated circuits. The Company’s products include high performance amplifiers, comparators, voltage references, monolithic filters, linear regulators, DC-DC converters, battery chargers, data converters, communications interface circuits, and RF signal conditioning circuits.
Competitors to Watch: Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE:ADI), National Semicond. Corp. (NYSE:NSM), Maxim Integrated Products Inc. (NASDAQ:MXIM), Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ:ISIL), Micrel, Incorporated (NASDAQ:MCRL), Advanced Analogic Tech. Incorp. (NASDAQ:AATI), ON Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ:ONNN), Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC), and Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:MCHP).
(Note: Data regarding Linear Technology Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>