Lorillard: 5 Large Funds Selling Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Lorillard, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 111,000 shares, worth $11,802,630. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EDOMA PARTNERS LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 81,500 shares, worth $8,665,895. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRANDYWINE GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 73,160 shares, worth $7,779,103. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 51,789 shares, worth $5,506,724. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 42,040 shares, worth $4,470,113. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE:RAI), Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR), Philip Morris Intl. Inc. (NYSE:PM), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGX), Alliance One Intl., Inc. (NYSE:AOI), and Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV).
(Note: Data regarding Lorillard, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>