Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Lorillard, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Dietz Kit D: act as Director. On 11/04/2011, bought 1,400 shares, worth $153,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Lorillard, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 503,605 shares, worth $55,084,315.
- SYSTEMATIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 293,548 shares, worth $32,108,280.
- JACOBS LEVY EQUITY MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 195,941 shares, worth $21,432,027.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 102,375 shares, worth $11,197,778.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 88,013 shares, worth $9,626,862.
About the company: Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE:RAI), Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR), Philip Morris Intl. Inc. (NYSE:PM), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGX), Alliance One Intl., Inc. (NYSE:AOI), and Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV).
(Note: Data regarding Lorillard, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>