Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of LPL Investment Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:LPLA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of LPL Investment Holdings Inc. in Q3 2011:
- VAUGHAN NELSON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,293,050 shares, worth $32,869,331.
- FAIRVIEW CAPITAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 625,050 shares, worth $15,888,771.
- NATIXIS ASSET MANAGEMENT ADVISORS, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 161,385 shares, worth $4,102,407.
- DAVIDSON INVESTMENT ADVISORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 96,565 shares, worth $2,454,682.
- RS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 63,690 shares, worth $1,619,000.
About the company: LPL Investment Holdings, Inc. offers technology, brokerage and investment advisory services through business relationships with all types of financial advisors. Through proprietary technology, custody and clearing platforms, the Company offers access to financial products and services that enable them to provide financial advice and brokerage services to retail investors.
Competitors to Watch: Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE:AMP), The Charles Schwab Corp. (NYSE:SCHW), Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:MORN), Financial Engines Inc (NASDAQ:FNGN), FXCM Inc (NYSE:FXCM), The Bank of New York Mellon Corp. (NYSE:BK), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:AMTD), and optionsXpress Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:OXPS).
(Note: Data regarding LPL Investment Holdings Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>