Major Institutions Support CIGNA Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of CIGNA Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,874,351 shares, worth $246,370,281.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 728,112 shares, worth $30,537,017.
- GLENHILL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 386,723 shares, worth $16,219,163.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 316,900 shares, worth $13,290,786.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 227,201 shares, worth $9,528,810.
About the company: CIGNA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides group life and health insurance, managed care products and services, retirement products and services, and individual financial services worldwide. The Company also sells individual life and health insurance and annuity products in selected international locations.
Competitors to Watch: Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH), Coventry Health Care, Inc. (NYSE:CVH), and WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE:WCG).
(Note: Data regarding CIGNA Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>