Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Lazard Ltd. (NYSE:LAZ).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Lazard Ltd.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hoffman Scott D: act as General Counsel. On 09/14/2011, sold 14,267 shares, worth $362,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Lazard Ltd. in Q3 2011:
- KALMAR INVESTMENTS INC /DE/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,159,695 shares, worth $42,560,807. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,080,482 shares, worth $39,653,689. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALPINE WOODS CAPITAL INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 785,223 shares, worth $28,817,684. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CASTLEROCK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 485,131 shares, worth $17,804,308. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RIVER & MERCANTILE ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 464,001 shares, worth $17,028,837. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Lazard Ltd provides domestic and international financial advisory services and global transaction execution to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments, and individuals. The Company’s services include mergers and acquisitions, capital markets execution, asset management, and real estate investment banking.
Competitors to Watch: Lazard Ltd (NYSE:LBJ), Evercore Partners Inc. (NYSE:EVR), Greenhill & Co., Inc. (NYSE:GHL), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB), Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group Inc. (NASDAQ:RODM), KBW, Inc. (NYSE:KBW), Cowen Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:COWN), Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE:JEF), and UBS AG (NYSE:UBS).
(Note: Data regarding Lazard Ltd.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>