Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Noble Energy, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Cunningham Susan M: act as Sr. VP Exploration. On 11/14/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $1,900,800.
- Cunningham Susan M: act as Sr. VP Exploration. On 10/21/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $1,761,200.
- Brown Ted D: act as Sr. VP Northern Region. On 07/28/2011, sold 17,078 shares, worth $1,708,000.
- Cook Rodney D.: act as Sr. VP International. On 07/28/2011, sold 12,500 shares, worth $1,250,100.
- Stover David L: act as President & COO. On 11/14/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $950,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Noble Energy, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 639,527 shares, worth $57,045,808. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 237,700 shares, worth $21,202,840. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OLD NATIONAL BANCORP /IN/: On 06/30/2011, held 181,059 shares, worth $16,150,463. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 124,388 shares, worth $11,095,410. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BLACKTHORN INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 100,000 shares, worth $8,920,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Noble Energy, Inc. is an independent energy exploration and production company. The Company explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Noble Energy operates primarily in the Rocky Mountains, Mid-continent, and deepwater Gulf of Mexico areas in the US, with key international operations offshore Israel, the North Sea and West Africa.
Competitors to Watch: Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA), Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR), Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR), Crimson Exploration Inc. (NASDAQ:CXPO), and ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (NASDAQ:ATPG).
(Note: Data regarding Noble Energy, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>