Major Stock Percentage Movers to Start the Trading Week
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Johnson Controls Inc PRFD ‘Z’ (NYSE:JCI-Z): Up +13.2%.
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (NASDAQ:PPDI): Up +10.34%. Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (NYSE:PPD) offers drug discovery and development services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. The Company conducts pre-clinical programs and phase I to phase IV clinical trials. For approved drugs, PPD offers product launch services, and patient compliance and medical communications programs.
- Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ:TZOO): Up +10.14%. Travelzoo Inc. provides online marketing solutions to the travel industry. Through the Company’s Web site, its newsletter, and by using its listing management software, travel companies can inform Internet users about their specials. Travelzoo serves companies such as Alamo Rent-A-Car, Delta Airlines, Expedia, and Hilton Hotels.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. Ordinary Shares (NYSE:AG): Up +8.42%. First Majestic Silver Corp. is a silver producing mining company. The Company’s presently owns and operates producing silver mines in Mexico; the La Parrilla Silver Mine, the San Martin Silver Mine and the La Encantada Silver Mine.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP): Up +8.11%. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. develops, markets and supports a range of software and hardware products and services for information technology (NYSE:IT) security and offers its customers a network and gateway security solutions, data and endpoint security solutions and management solutions.
- WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD): Down -30.12%. WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans. The Company provides its services through its public and private online portals and health-focused publications.
- Bank of Ireland (NYSE:IRE): Down -12.9%. The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland provides a range of banking, life insurance and other financial services to customers in Ireland and United Kingdom. Services include branch banking, personal and business loans, loan insurance, mortgages, foreign exchange, correspondent banking, credit cards and stockbroking.
- Allied Irish Banks, plc. (NYSE:AIB): Down -12.44%. Allied Irish Banks plc (NYSE:AIB) attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The Bank offers mortgage, automobile, business, plant and equipment purchase, and lease financing loans, investment banking, securities brokerage, asset management and treasury services, and discounts invoices. AIB operates in Ireland, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Poland.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Int’l (NYSE:SMI): Down -10.46%. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation manufactures, trades, packages, tests, and provides computer-aided design integrated circuits. The Company also provides other semiconductor services. In addition, Semiconductor designs masks.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>