Major Stock Price Movers July 11th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Arch Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:ARJ): Up +12.33%. Arch Chemicals, Inc. manufactures specialty chemicals and provides value-added products and services to various industries. The Company produces microelectronic chemicals, water chemicals, and performance chemicals.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE:VXX): Up +8.21%. iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN is an exchange-traded note issued in the USA. The Note will provide investors with a cash payment at the scheduled maturity or early redemption based on the performance of the underlying index, the S&P 500 Short-Term VIX Futures TR Index.
- Mueller Industries, Inc. (NYSE:MLI): Up +3.69%. Mueller Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells brass, copper, plastic and aluminum products. The Company’s products include copper tube and fittings, brass and copper alloy rods and bars, aluminum and brass forgings, aluminum and copper impact extrusions, plastic fittings and valves, refrigeration valves and fittings, and fabricated tubular products.
- ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (NYSE:SDS): Up +3.63%. UltraShort S&P500 ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P 500 Index.
- Great Plains Energy, Inc. PRFD ‘E’ (NYSE:GXP-E): Up +3.35%.
- Stillwater Mining Company (NYSE:SWC): Down -22.18%. Stillwater Mining Company explores for, develops, extracts, processes, and refines platinum, palladium, and associated metals from the J-M Reef located in Stillwater and the East Boulder Mine near McLeod, Montana. The Company also recycles automotive catalytic converters in its processing facility in Columbus, Montana.
- ING Groep N.V. (NYSE:ING): Down -9.83%. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Down -9.81%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- Sauer-Danfoss Inc. (NYSE:SHS): Down -9.78%. Sauer-Danfoss, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells hydraulic systems and components for use primarily in applications of off-highway mobile equipment. The Company’s products include hydrostatic transmissions, gear pumps and motors, orbital motors, hydrostatic steering units, proportional load-sensing valves, microprocessor controls, and electrohydraulics.