Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd ADR(NASDAQ:SNDA): Up +1.23%. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, operates online games in China. The Company offers a portfolio of online games that users play over the Internet. Shanda’s games are licensed from third parties as well as developed in-house.
- Thoratec Corporation (NASDAQ:THOR): Down -1.02%. Thoratec Corporation researches, develops, manufactures, and markets medical devices for circulatory support and vascular graft applications. The Company’s products include a ventricular assist device, an implantable left ventricular heart assist device, a vascular access graft, and a coronary artery bypass graft. Thoratec also supplies whole-blood coagulation testing equipment.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd (NYSE:QIHU): Up +4.48%. Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products in the People’s Republic of China. The Companys products include an Internet security product for Internet security and system optimization; an anti-virus application to protect users’ computers against trojan horses, viruses, worms, adware, and other forms of malware; and a mobile smartphone security program. Here’s Why This Chinese Tech IPO Doubled in the First Hour of Trading>>
- SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): Up +2.69%. SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America. SINA Stock Shaky As Facebook Meets Baidu>>
- HeartWare International Inc (NASDAQ:HTWR): Down -13.12%. HeartWare International Inc is developing a range of implantable mechanical circulatory assist devices or heart pumps, used for the treatment of congestive heart failure.
- Demand Media Inc (DMD): Down -10.58%. Have No Fear: The New Media Bubble is Just Getting Started>>
- ViroPharma Incorporated (NASDAQ:VPHM): Down -9.81%. ViroPharma Incorporated is a biopharmaceutical company committed to the commercialization, development, and discovery of new medicines. The Company’s products include a treatment for prophylaxis of hereditary angioedema as well a capsules for the treatment of antibiotic associated pseudomembranous colitis caused by Clostridium difficile infection (NYSE:CDI) and enterocolitis.
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRUS): Down -9.74%. Cirrus Logic, Inc. designs and manufactures integrated circuits that employ precision linear and advanced mixed-signal processing technologies. The Company’s products enable system-level applications in mass storage, audio, and precision data conversion. Cirrus serves a broad customer base in the mass storage, industrial, and audio markets.
- InterMune, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITMN): Down -7.84%. InterMune, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company develops therapies for hepatology and pulmonology, including treatments for severe, malignant osteopetrosis and chronic granulomatous disease