Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Blackboard Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBB): Up +28.93%. Blackboard Inc. provides electronic learning Internet infrastructure software. The company’s product line bundled in two suites, the Blackboard Academic Suite and the Blackboard Commerce Suite. The company licenses these products on a renewable basis. Blackboard Inc. serves in U.S. and international postsecondary education market and U.S. elementary and secondary market.
- VirnetX Holding Corporation (AMEX:VHC): Up +12.41%. Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
- MakeMyTrip Limited (NASDAQ:MMYT): Up +9.3%. Makemytrip Ltd. offers travel services over the Internet. The Company operates websites that allow travelers to research and plan trips and book airline tickets, hotels, packages, rail tickets, bus tickets, and rental cars. Makemytrip also offers access to travel insurance.
- Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. (AMEX:KOG): Up +9.09%. Kodiak Oil & Gas Corporation explores for oil and natural gas in the western United States.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Int’l (NYSE:SMI): Up +8.59%. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation manufactures, trades, packages, tests, and provides computer-aided design integrated circuits. The Company also provides other semiconductor services. In addition, Semiconductor designs masks.
- Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN): Down -7.49%. Amarin Corporation PLC is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company researches, develops, and commercializes drugs for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia, central nervous system disorders, and cardiovascular diseases.
- China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Ltd (NYSE:MY): Down -6.58%. China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Limited designs, manufactures, sells and services wind turbines. The Company’s client base are Chinese state owned power producers.
- Demand Media Inc (DMD): Down -5.65%. Have No Fear: The New Media Bubble is Just Getting Started>>
- Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC): Down -5.41%. Education Management Corporation provides proprietary post-secondary education in the United States. The Company offers, through its operating units, associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs and non-degree programs in the areas of design, media arts, culinary arts, fashion, and professional development.
- Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS): Down -5.31%. Northern Trust Corporation is a financial holding company that provides investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary, and banking solutions for corporations, institutions, and affluent individuals. Northern trusts banking operations are its primary operations. Northern Trust Corporation Earnings: Not What Investors Expected>>